Friday 5 September 2008

Quick Chirstmas Cake / Pudding



This will save your time in kitchen during Christmas. Christmas pudding / cake is very time consuming I think so here is the recipe for quickest ever Christmas pudding..there must be heaps of recipes on line ..but I got this one from SBS food safari TV show.... I made this when my in laws were here to visit, they were so impressed and I was not sure about what to call this ..so my dearest 'father in law' suggested me the name :


Quickest Ever Christmas Cake / Pudding.... very nice!!


Ingredients


1 loaf day-old bread

375g sugar

2 tbsp custard powder

2 tbsp cornflour

4 tbsp cocoa

2 eggs,beaten (I am going to use 2 tsp egg substitue next time)

500g mixed dried fruit

250g almonds

250g glacé cherries,

halved Vanilla to taste

4 tbsp whisky, brandy or sherry (optional)


Preparation


Preheat oven to 200oC .

Tear bread into small pieces and soak in cold water for 15 minutes until soft.

Place bread in a colander and mash, draining liquid.

Transfer to a large bowl and add sugar, custard powder, cornflour and cocoa.

Stir in beaten eggs and mix well.

Add dried fruit and half of the almonds and glacé cherries.

Add vanilla and whisky.

Pour into a baking dish and decorate with remaining cherries and almonds.

Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (check pudding by piercing with a toothpick - should be dry when you take it out).

Can be served warm or cold.

No comments: